Chicagoland Field Trips
Gold Project Ideas
Forwarded by Lisa A. Varner
- Work with people in your community government to develop a recreational bicycle route.
- Involve your community in an endeavor to clean up a polluted area.
- Organize a fair to help people identify volunteer opportunities in the community. Create a directory of organizations that use volunteers.
- Start a group at school for victims of violence, after recruiting adults to assist as advisers.
- Write and produce a play that causes people to think about a community problem and to change either themselves or their surroundings to solve the problem.
- Help organize and sponsor a historical walking tour around the community, using checkpoints and an interpretive map.
- Create and implement an erosion prevention plan for a favorite park or hiking trail, with help from a soil conservation agency.
- Plan and coordinate a school or community event that celebrates different cultures through art, dance, song, costume, and food.
- Organize a drive to collect used radios, and establish a place where the homeless can obtain free radios, batteries and headsets.
Forwarded by Beverly E. Benner
- Girls hosted a badge workshop for Brownies (they earned a Try-It)
- Girls put together a song book of popular Council songs and a tape to go with it (a *very* helpful tool for new leaders)
- Helped new library with cataloging of books
Last Modified: 08/21/97
Service Project Index
| Scouting File Cabinet