Really Cheap Shrink-Art
Attention! Younger girls may need adult help with this project!
Clean Styrofoam trays (from meat, cookies, etc.)
Cookie cutters (2 inch or larger)
Aluminum Foil (used foil works fine)
1. Using cookie cutters as a guide, trace shapes on to foam trays.
2. Color shapes with markers.
3. Cut out shapes with scissors and trim neatly.
4. If you are making jewelry charms or holiday ornaments, use the hole punch to make holes where ever you need them.
5. Cover the cookie sheet with aluminum foil
6. Place shapes on cookie sheets and bake at 350oF for about 5 minutes. Don't forget to turn on the exhaust fan in your kitchen! Watch carefully! Shapes will curl as they shrink. When they are flat, they are done. Do not over-bake!
7. Remove from sheet when cooled. Hang on ribbons or glue pin backs to the back.